Legacy’s fourth grade classes engage in Biblical educational experiences which nurture their growth as Christ Followers and Kingdom Builders.
4th Grade Highlights:
- Social Studies – journey across the USA from East to West and Back to the Midwest
- Science – study the earth from its crust to middle earth, study intestines and bones, moving electrons, and shifting sands and Great Lakes
- Bible – observe God’s faithfulness to Old Testament followers and New Testament believers.
- Math – discover the patterns in geometric shapes and number operations.
- Language Arts (Reading) – develop appreciation for written word through all story genres as Americans experience life in the USA.
- Language Arts (Writing) – express response to research and personal experiences using necessary conventions of the English language.
- Classroom Community – grow in grace as a valued child of God committed to service in the world.
Special Events in 4th Grade:
- Bring on the Books (B.O.B) Reading Program
- 4th grade “buddies”
- Math Factor Trees
- Brown Bag Reports
- US State Research – Designing and making brochures for their chosen state
- Learning about the Digestive System
- Creating Power Point Slide Shows
- Floor Hockey Tournament for PE